Our History

Of the Circuit

The History

Along the road that leads from Brescia to Mantova, crossing Castenedolo, the road reaches an embankment located in the middle of a beautiful countryside. Along the path, on the right,the Osteria della Fascia d’oro is locate: here' s exactly where the moors of Montechiari extend.

The moors of Montechiari, featured by an arid and gravelly territory totally devoid of trees, became the perfect point of reference for motor races, considered by the automotive industry as a great opportunity for its expansion. Montichiari, by hosting such events on its territory saw instead the increase of its prestige and economy. In September 1899, four days fully dedicated to motoring and motor races were held in Brescia.

The races continued in the next years and in September 1905 the Coppa Vincenzo Florio, the Coppa Conte di Salemi and the Coppa d 'Italia were also held; they all were won by G.B.Raggio driving 10 0hp Itala. The finish line and the tribunes were placed right at Fascia D'Oro, in Montechiari.

The Florio Cup on 1907 was won by Minoia, driving his Isotta Freschini. In 1920 it was decided to create a permanent autodrome. The first Italian Grand Prix was held on Settember the 4th, 1921. A route developped on the territory of Montichiari was chosen, through an 18 km track.

Of the Circuit

The History

Along the road that leads from Brescia to Mantova, crossing Castenedolo, the road reaches an embankment located in the middle of a beautiful countryside. Along the path, on the right,the Osteria della Fascia d’oro is locate: here' s exactly where the moors of Montechiari extend.

The moors of Montechiari, featured by an arid and gravelly territory totally devoid of trees, became the perfect point of reference for motor races, considered by the automotive industry as a great opportunity for its expansion. Montichiari, by hosting such events on its territory saw instead the increase of its prestige and economy. In September 1899, four days fully dedicated to motoring and motor races were held in Brescia.

The races continued in the next years and in September 1905 the Coppa Vincenzo Florio, the Coppa Conte di Salemi and the Coppa d 'Italia were also held; they all were won by G.B.Raggio driving 10 0hp Itala. The finish line and the tribunes were placed right at Fascia D'Oro, in Montechiari.

The Florio Cup on 1907 was won by Minoia driving his Isotta Freschini. In 1920 it was decided to create a permanent autodrome. The first Italian Grand Prix was held on Settember the 4th, 1921. A route developped on the territory of Montichiari was chosen, through an 18 km track.

The history of

Montichiari

The area of Montichiari was inhabited since the year 1000, when the territory was ruled by the powerful Longhi family, feudal lords of the county.

The name “Montichiari“, whose etymology is very questionable, has considerably changed over time : it was Montisclaris (XII century) , then Monteclaro (XIII century) and Montechiaro (XVI century). In 1862 “sul Chiese” was added to “Montechiaro” and in 1877 it finally became Montichiari

After the battle of Maclodio ( October the 1st), the country swore loyalty to the Republic of Venice, to which Montichiari remained loyal until its decline in 1797, despite all the military events that alternated over the years.

Around the year 1805, the protagonist was undoubtedly Napoleon I, great ruler who involved the habitants of Montechiari in his military operations, placing the army in the moors. In 1848, under the hands of some patriots, including Angelo Mazzoldi- literary from Montichiari, the population rose up against the Austrians.

Montichiari subsequently had a very important role during the battle of San Martino and Solferino: in 1859in fact the military strategy of the battle was defined and the rearguards of the Piedmontese and French armies were organized. Several public and private buildings – including the Parish church and the new hospital – were taken over to afford this intense action.

The history of

Montichiari

The area of Montichiari was inhabited since the year 1000, when the territory was ruled by the powerful Longhi family, feudal lords of the county.

The name “Montichiari“, whose etymology is very questionable, has considerably changed over time : it was Montisclaris (XII century) , then Monteclaro (XIII century) and Montechiaro (XVI century). In 1862 “sul Chiese” was added to “Montechiaro” and in 1877 it finally became Montichiari

After the battle of Maclodio ( October the 1st), the country swore loyalty to the Republic of Venice, to which Montichiari remained loyal until its decline in 1797, despite all the military events that alternated over the years.

Around the year 1805, the protagonist was undoubtedly Napoleon I, great ruler who involved the habitants of Montechiari in his military operations, placing the army in the moors. In 1848, under the hands of some patriots, including Angelo Mazzoldi- literary from Montichiari, the population rose up against the Austrians.

Montichiari subsequently had an very important role during the battles of San Martino and Solferino: in 1859in fact the military strategy of the battle was defined and the rearguards of the Piedmontese and French armies were organized. Several public and private buildings – including the Parish church and the new hospital – were taken over to afford this intense action.

curve

The parabolic

The route chosen for the Circuit had a triangular shape and its apex was located in the village of Fascia d'Oro, where the connection of the Ghedi Montichiari municipal road was created: over 544.60 meters parabolic curve. It represented a great attraction also being one of the first in the world.

The curve was executed through a backfill with a height of 110 cm, with ribs placed to contain the roadbed. The pilots of that period declared that all the other circuits, including that of Indianapolis, were nothing compared to that of Brescia Montichiari.

Difficulty of the route 35%
Fun 92%
Competition 75%
Our

Gallery